Sunday, January 9, 2011

Introduction

When I got married I hated to cook. I believed I was a baker and had a reputation in my family for incredible desserts. I would wait until my husband got home at 8pm for him to prepare dinner rather than do it myself. I felt uncomfortable just winging it in the kitchen and loved the orderly baking process.

After I had children though dinner had to be on the table at a reasonable hour so I began to cook. I would spend time looking at recipes, looking for something easy that I could follow strait from the book. Eventually, I started to figure out what spices tasted like and what could be substituted. I began measuring with my hands and using the measuring spoons less and less. By the time we relocated cities and I stepped back from my job I was at least competent in the kitchen but I still saw myself as a baker. I cooked from necessity and wanted the cooking over quickly. Then my children were diagnosed with Celiac's and we became a gluten-free household. So many of the wonderful baking recipes I had stores away were useless.

In response I through myself into cooking. We ate something new almost every night and my family loved it. But I never saved the recipes and I could never repeat anything I cooked. This blog is designed as my digital cookbook, where I will share the recipes I have tried and my family's sucess in cooking quick gluten-free foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment